Republic’s Special Assets group focuses on the acquisition of distressed loans and middle-market operating companies. Recent investments have included various types of special situations such as distressed commercial debt and real estate loans and leases, assets under bankruptcy, and mixed collateral loans and pools. The group prides itself on having a sense of urgency, finding the best structure and consistently closing transactions. Their dedication to flexibility and creativity has resulted in investments in all types of special situation transactions. Our investment approach is straightforward: Once Republic decides to pursue a transaction, we commit the expertise and resources to ensure a timely closing. Backed by dedicated capital, the group seeks investment opportunities that include some of the following:
- Non-performing loans and loan pools
- companies with operational issues / competing in and out-of-favor industries
- Companies lacking adequate capital / possessing over-leveraged balance sheets
- Companies in or near bankruptcy
- lease portfolios / secured and unsecured collateral
The team works with financial institutions, advisors, attorneys, trustees, institutional lenders and government agencies. Republic’s dedicated capital and unique blend of professionals make it possible to quickly identify and evaluate a wide variety of assets and expedite closings.